In 1958 Richard and Ellen Stanton bought Skylark Farm from Paul Berry and established Tanglewood Riding Center. When they first steeled in, the farm consisted of a large barn and small house both constructed in the early 1800's. The barn was full of cow stanchions which were set in concrete. Richard removed them to make room for horse stalls. Once the stalls were built they were immediately boarded out. A long waiting accrued and in 1962 Richard and Ellen decided to build what is now known as the main barn to satisfy the growing need for stalls. In 1970 Tom Poulin, a dressage instructor, convinced the Stantons to build a riding hall. The original riding hall was 60’x120’. Years later another 80’ were added bringing it to its current length of 200’. As waiting lists persisted the upper barn was built, then the long barn, and finally a second riding hall with a few stalls.